From the desk of Stephanie Eidler at Edge Yoga School:
Legend has it that four 15th century thieves formulated a concoction of botanicals to provide protection when stealing. Authorities recognized the extreme value in this mixture that the thieves were wearing and upon their capture, they were given a more merciful punishment if they divulged the ingredients in their formula to the king!
Thieves is a powerhouse essential oil! The potential benefits of thieves include boosting the immune system, promoting respiratory and overall health, as well as fighting microbes—germs that are antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial! It is a natural, nontoxic and plant-derived oil for every day uses! With all the colds and viruses happening this winter and with shortages on cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer, this oil is a great option to have around the house with many uses!
Thieves oil is a blend of several amazing essential oils!
· Cinnamon Bark
It’s WAY more than an essential oil blend, it is an experience for you and your family! You will find it infused into the products you use in everyday life!
Health benefits and uses:
· Diffuse 15-20 minutes to kill airborne bacteria, germs, and mold
· Apply to the bottom of the feet daily to aid in a healthy immune system
· Apply to gums to help with gum pain or numb toothache
· Apply a drop on your thumb and press it to the roof of your mouth for headache relief
· Use at the first sign of an upset stomach to help recovery
· Mix with a tablespoon of water, gargle and swallow for occasional throat discomfort
· Add one drop to juice or tea for an immune-boosting drink
There are different types of Thieves blends are available for everyday household use! Young living has thieves in the form of an oil, household cleaner, laundry soap, hand soap and dish soap. There are many DIY recipes to make the most of your Thieves products!
Here are some recipes for cleaning and disinfecting around your house using Thieves essential oil and cleaners:
· 2 tbsp Aloe Vera
· 1 tbsp Witch Hazel
· 1 tsp Water
· 8 Drops of Thieves Essential Oil
· 1 capful of thieves cleaner
· 16 oz spray bottle
· Fill to the top with water
Yoga mat spray disinfectant:
· 1 spray bottle
· Witch Hazel
· 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
· 5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
· 5 drops of thieves essential oil
· ¼ tsp Thieves cleaner to 1 quart of distilled water in a spray bottle
· In a 32oz bottle add 2 capfuls of Thieves household cleaner to each bottle
· 50 Drops of purification essential oil and lavender
· Fill slowly with water and shake well
If you are interested in getting Thieves or any other essential oil products, please use this link below:
· Please make sure to enter my referral number when ordering 22947355 when it asks, “Who introduced you to Young Living”. This way I can also help track your order!
· You have the option of checking off “Member” or “Retail Customer.” Choosing “Member” gets you the 24% discount on all Young Living products forever but no obligation to purchase anything else. This is especially helpful if you are trying to build up your collection for your yoga practice!
Let me know if you have ANY questions or problems ordering!
Thieves oil can be used for a variety of applications. Like with any essential oil, always be sure to follow the proper safety precautions when using Thieves oil. Please note I am not a Physician. If you have any concerns about using thieves oil, ALWAYS discuss them with a healthcare provider first.
Stephanie Eidler – Simply Grace Yoga and Wellness